Fireside Fabrics does not disclose buyers' information to third parties. Data collected by this site is used to:
a. Take and fulfill customer orders
b. Administer and enhance the site and service
c. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit web pages. The owner of the cookie (who may not be directly connected to the web page that planted it – see Third Party cookies below) can access the information that is stored on that cookie when you view any web pages that include the cookie owner’s code.
Cookies are widely used, are necessary for the correct function of many websites (including most, if not all, e-commerce websites) and can create a more enjoyable website user experience. However, they are also used to track user behaviour and some visitors view this as an infringement of their privacy. This has led to the introduction of European Cookie Law.
Our website uses two cookies, both of which are allowed under European Cookie Law:
1. A single “session” cookie is used to recognise a user during the course of a visit to our website. This cookie stores a unique identifying number which we can reference to provide continuity to your visit, for example by ensuring you don’t see certain content repeatedly if it’s not necessary. This cookie is deleted automatically when you close your browser and stores no data other than the unique number. It is allowed under the Cookie Law as “strictly necessary”, in other words the site cannot do what you want it do to without this cookie.
2. A second cookie is used so that we know that you have seen our Welcome / Cookie notice, as required under by the Cookie Law. Again this cookie stores no personal information and is “strictly necessary”.
Third party cookies
In addition, our website uses Third Party cookies. These are cookies that are owned by external organisations, are widely used across the web and provide significant benefits. We only use one use one type of Third Party cookie:
1. Analytics cookies – these allow us to track visitors’ use of our website. This tracking is anonymous and the data allows us to understand users travel through our website and allows us to improve the experience that we offer our visitors.
Third Party cookies are set up and managed by the Third Party and not Fireside Fabrics. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the Third Party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If you do not want our cookies or Third Party cookies to be planted on your computer, you can disable cookies in your web browser. This will prevent any cookies of the types that you specify from being placed on your computer.
However, if you choose to disable cookies, some elements of our website may not work properly.
How to disable our cookies
The method you use to disable cookies depends on which web browser you use. All modern browsers allow you to change your privacy settings to prevent websites form planting cookies.
There are many different browsers. However, the privacy settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. Below is a list of links for the most popular browsers to help you understand these settings further. If your browser is not included, you should use the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.
• Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
• Cookie settings in Firefox
• Cookie settings in Chrome
• Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
If you are mainly concerned about Third Party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off by visiting the Your Online Choices site.
We hope you have found this information helpful and that you enjoy using our website.